Future of S3C6410 platform

Tomasz Figa tomasz.figa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 15:14:19 EDT 2011

List,

I am writing to ask what is the planned future for the (now obsolete?) S3C6410
platform. Is there any ongoing work on bringing more feature-complete support
for it?

The platform is really far behind its newer friends and here is what bothers
me most:
- missing basic features as NOHZ support
- buggy drivers (in mainline!, s3c-fb requesting irq before fully initializing
driver data, same goes for the adc driver)
- totally broken usb gadget driver - I could not get it to work on my platform
in any way (Samsung GT-i5700 phone; I am getting a Tiny6410 soon, so I will
check whether it is not a board specific issue) without rewriting control
endpoint handling code, not even mentioning about DMA support, which I still
cannot get to work
- poor OneNAND support (mostly in terms of performance)
- no power domain support
- no support for advanced features of the chip (ie. functionality provided by
old, and really _bad_, s3c modules)

I have already added NOHZ support, fixed fb and adc bugs, refactored control
endpoint handling in udc driver (no DMA yet), done some improvement to OneNAND
driver (still a big work in progress though, this is a topic for another
message) and implemented power domain management + other minor changes/fixes.

All of this is available in my tree at
git://github.com/tom3q/spica-2.6.38.git, but I am going to prepare patches
containing all the changes a bit later, after I rebase all my work to latest
Linux sources, as I worked mostly on Android 2.6.38 sources.

Best regards,
Tomasz Figa