Help - Getting started

Daniel F. Pigatto dhannyel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 05:27:34 EST 2011

Hi everybody,

I am very beginner in embedded systems, and I really need your help. I guess
it will not be too difficult for you, who already work with ARM processors.

I have bought the following kit which includes an ARM processor with a video
module and some other peripherals:
http://www.gumstix.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=253

Then, obviously, I need to install an operating system in order to be able
to run some cryptographic algorithms and evaluate some behaviours of this
hardware. I chose Linux ARM, because Linux is a very well-known system,
which is also very trustable.

My doubts are about how to get started installing the OS. Is there any
tutorial or something that I could read to start installing? Is it a
difficult way that I will probably face?

I do need a help to get started. Just this.

Thank you very much!

--
Daniel Fernando Pigatto
MSc. Candidate at ICMC/USP