[RFC] MMC: error handling improvements

David Brown davidb at codeaurora.org
Tue Feb 15 18:49:04 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 15 2011, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

> This patch is for RFC only; it needs splitting up somewhat.  However, I
> wanted to get it out there for some comment.

Just for kicks, I applied this and ran it on an MSM target (8x50).  It
seems to cause lots of:

  mmc0: Data timeout
  mmc0: Controller has been re-initialized
  mmc0: Data CRC error

and I can post more if you would find them interesting.  Eventually the
MSM mmc driver derefernces a null pointer in the interrupt code.

It's also possible this is finding problems in our SDCC driver.

David