Machine ID question

Uwe Kleine-König u.kleine-koenig at pengutronix.de
Thu Feb 10 03:29:15 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 02:23:07PM -0700, John Linn wrote:
> I used the form to create a new machine ID for the new Xilinx platform
> in anticipation of
> the code making it into the mainline sometime in the future.
>
> The proposed patches are using ARCH_XILINX in the Kconfig.
You should use MACH_XILINX in the patches.  There are some ARCH_... in
the machine db, but I think nowadays you cannot (and should not) create
them there.

> Below is the line that it created when I clicked on this link:
> http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/download.php
>
> xilinx			MACH_XILINX		XILINX
> 3343
>
> Did I hose it up as the form wasn't completely clear to me (if I needed
> to enter ARCH_XILINX)?
>
> Thanks,
> John
>

> This email and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the
> named recipient(s) and contain(s) confidential information that may be
hmm, I'm at least not named explicitly, still I think the intention of
your mail was to get an answer.  IMHO it's not very sensible to add this
footer on postings to public mailing lists.

> proprietary, privileged or copyrighted under applicable law. If you
> are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy, or forward this
> email message or any attachments. Delete this email message and any
> attachments immediately.

Best regards
Uwe