Renaming MACH_TYPE_KINETIS_K60 into MACH_TYPE_KINETIS

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at emcraft.com
Wed Dec 28 04:51:22 EST 2011

Hi,

About three weeks ago I registered a machine type for the Freescale
Kinetis K60 microcontroller. ( http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/list.php?id=3896 )

But later I realized that there should be a single machine type for all
Freescale Kinetis MCUs (K10 through K70), because those MCUs are
software-compatible. I tried to rename "kinetis_k60" to just "kinetis"
at the page mentioned above, but the names of the CONFIG_* macro and the
identifier name did not change.

I really do not want to register another machine type since it would be
a mess having two machine types - one for Kinetis and another for
Kinetis K60. Is it possible to change CONFIG_MACH_KINETIS_K60 to
CONFIG_MACH_KINETIS and MACH_TYPE_KINETIS_K60 to MACH_TYPE_KINETIS in
the database at http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/ ?

I hope, no one has really started using this machine type yet, so the
change is going to be transparent for everyone.

--
Regards,
Alexander