[QUESTION] How to set static/dynamic dependency between clock domains

Ming Lei tom.leiming at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 10:46:20 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Shilimkar, Santosh
<santosh.shilimkar at ti.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Ming Lei <tom.leiming at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Ming Lei <tom.leiming at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> [1], add static dependency
>>
>> Sorry for the mess, see attachment for the change.
>>
> Your patch is setting static dependency between ISS and l3_2.
> It's not dynamic dep. Dynamic dep is managed through hardware and they

Yes, I see now,  L3_2_DYNDEP of CM_CAM_DYNAMICDEP is read only.

> are not configurable. But with static dep. you can over-ride that behavior
> as you have done.
>
> This will impact power since l3_2 can't idle as long as iss clock
> domain is active.
>
> I need to check internal code-base but I don't remember this
> issue observed so far.

In fact, I saw the issue on 3.2.0-rc5-next-20111216, and even
no such issue on 3.2.0-rc5.  After some bisecting, I found below
is the first commit on which the issue can be observed:

commit 3c50729b3fa1cd8ca1f347e6caf1081204cf1a7c