arm and patch phys offset

Michael Walle michael at walle.cc
Mon Dec 12 16:12:35 EST 2011

Am Montag 12 Dezember 2011, 01:53:42 schrieb Nicolas Pitre:
> On Sun, 11 Dec 2011, Michael Walle wrote:
> > I have a marvell kirkwood based LS-CHLv2 board and running the latest
> > HEAD of linus tree (with my dts patched for the kirkwood port, but
> > hopefully this should be unrelated to this problem).
>
> Did you try without those patches to be sure?
clean linux tree with old fashioned setup code now (the one i sent long time
ago to this mailinglist ;).

> > The weird thing is that this output changes if i insert or move some
> > debug prints. I even accomplished to make the board boot completely
> > sometimes.
>
> You must have some memory corrupting bug somewhere.  Please try calling
> this code first thing in start_kernel() for comparison.

calling the dump function right at the beginning of start_kernel() won't
change anything, expect the addresses.

If it would be some memory corruption, shouldn't the table or the p2v/v2p
stubs be corrupt? But the non-patched entries always points to correct v2p/p2v
calls and in every case there is the unpatched add/sub instruction.

--
Michael