[RFC 1/3] pinctrl: add a driver for NVIDIA Tegra

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Fri Dec 9 18:49:11 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com> wrote:

> - We currently have hard time supporting pin groups with pins
>  coming from multiple pinmux driver instances

Pin groups are per definiton per-controller inctance. That is a
given side effect of not having a global pin space.

But you can create two groups of the same name on two
pin controllers so that e.g. pinctrl.0 and pinctrl.1 have
a group named "foo", then map both to a certain device
in the board pinmux map.

You will have to request them individually however, like
with two hogs or two pinmux_get() calls specifying the
name of each map, else you will just get the first one.

Not that I've tried it, but that's how it's supposed to work...

Yours,
Linus Walleij