Error of 'handle_local_timer' missing in plat-mxc/gic.c when building 'mx5-merge' branch

Shawn Guo shawn.guo at linaro.org
Tue Dec 6 04:02:20 EST 2011

On 6 December 2011 16:40, Eric Miao <eric.miao at linaro.org> wrote:
> Hi Sascha,
>
> Just FYI,
>
>  CC      arch/arm/plat-mxc/gic.o
> /home/ycmiao/linux-2.6/arch/arm/plat-mxc/gic.c: In function 'gic_handle_irq':
> /home/ycmiao/linux-2.6/arch/arm/plat-mxc/gic.c:44:4: error: implicit
> declaration of function 'handle_local_timer'
> make[2]: *** [arch/arm/plat-mxc/gic.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [arch/arm/plat-mxc] Error 2
> make: *** [sub-make] Error 2
>
> Do we have a fix somewhere already?

This should be fixed by Marc's series below, which has hit the mainline.

Regards,
Shawn

-----
Russell,

I've collected patches converting GIC and VIC based platforms to use the
MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER configuration option in a single branch (as they depend
on a common patch).

It also include the patch adding non-banked support to the GIC, which is
required to convert EXYNOS to MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER in a sane way (not to
mention fixing obvious bugs).

If you're happy with this, feel free to pull this branch.

Thanks,

        M.

The following changes since commit cfcfc9eca2bcbd26a8e206baeb005b055dbf8e37:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Linux 3.2-rc2

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/maz/arm-platforms.git
irqchip-consolidation

Jamie Iles (12):
      ARM: vic: device tree binding
      ARM: vic: MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER handler
      ARM: ep93xx: convert to MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: netx: convert to MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: nomadik: convert to MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: s3c64xx: convert to MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: spear: convert to MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: u300: convert to MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: versatile: convert to MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: samsung: convert to MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: picoxcell: convert to MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: VIC: remove non MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER support

Marc Zyngier (19):
      ARM: gic: allow GIC to support non-banked setups
      ARM: Make global handler and CONFIG_MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER mutually exclusive
      ARM: mxc: rename gic_handle_irq to avoid name clash
      ARM: GIC: Add global gic_handle_irq() function
      ARM: imx: convert smp platforms to global gic_handle_irq()
      ARM: highbank: convert to CONFIG_MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: RealView: convert to CONFIG_MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: VExpress: convert to CONFIG_MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: msm: convert SMP platforms to CONFIG_MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: exynos4: convert to CONFIG_MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: tegra2: convert to CONFIG_MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: ux500: convert to CONFIG_MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: shmobile: convert smp platforms to gic_handle_irq()
      ARM: cns3xxx: convert to CONFIG_MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: zynq: convert to CONFIG_MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: omap2/3: Add global omap2/3_intc_handle_irq() functions
      ARM: omap2plus: convert to CONFIG_MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER
      ARM: omap2plus: remove irq-related global base addresses
      ARM: GIC: Make MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER mandatory