How to handle named resources with DT?

G, Manjunath Kondaiah manjugk at ti.com
Tue Aug 9 12:29:45 EDT 2011

Hi Benoit,

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 11:23:20AM +0200, Cousson, Benoit wrote:
> Hi Grant,
>
> Trying to bind hwmod informations with DT, I'm facing a little limitation.
> A bunch of drivers are using the platform_get_resource_byname, so
> the name for the resource is needed.
>
> The name is used so far for IORESOURCE_MEM, IORESOURCE_IRQ and
> IORESOURCE_DMA types of resources.

IORESOURCE_MEM and IORESOURCE_IRQ's are fetched from dt blob and
it will be part of pdev. For IORESOURCE_DMA, you can have property
"dma-channel" in dtsi file and fetch dma-channel in driver probe
through "of_property_read_u32()" api.

BTW, this is not required for omap since dt-hwmod binding will fetch
pdev pointer from hwmod database and it will be used "as is" without
any modification which inturn does not break any existing pm
functionality.

-M