ARM Maintainers workshop at Kernel Summit 2011

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Sat Aug 6 02:44:08 EDT 2011

As many of you know, Kernel Summit this year will be a three day
event, with the first day dedicated to kernel subsystem workshops[1].
Since Kernel Summit will be co-located with ELC-E which my arm
developers will be attending, it is the perfect opportunity to have an
ARM maintainers meeting.  Arnd Bergmann, Nicolas Pitre and I talked
about it at Linaro Connect this past week and we're going to work on
organising something.

However, for it to be successful we need to put together a draft
agenda quickly.  Kernel summit is only 80 days away, and people need
time to get approval and organise travel.  So, if you're interested in
attending, then we need to know ASAP.  Reply to this email if you're
interested.

We also need proposals for discussion topics relevant to ARM,
particularly if it relates to all arm sub-architectures or the
maintainership process.  I'll collate the list of proposals that I
receive and try to put together an agenda.

As already mentioned, the first day (Sunday Oct 23) is dedicated to
workshops, and I think that most of the discussion topics will be
covered on that day.  The invite-only core developers meeting is on
the second day (Oct 24) which a few people will be involved with.  For
the rest of the group I'm considering organizing it as a hacking day
to start sorting out problems identified/discussed on the first day.
The third and final day will be plenary sessions open to participants
of all workshops.

[1] https://sites.google.com/site/kernelsummit2011/announcements/kickoff

Cheers,
g.