arm: msm: Convert irq-vic to generic irq chip

Abhijeet Dharmapurikar adharmap at codeaurora.org
Mon Apr 25 02:11:32 EDT 2011

On 04/21/2011 10:28 AM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2011, Abhijeet Dharmapurikar wrote:
>> On 04/16/2011 02:14 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
>
> Another question is whether you could move to the arm/common/vic.c
> implementation completely.

arm/common/vic.c doesnt have a set_type callback. We have some edge
triggered interrupts as wakeup interrupts and need the PENDING flag in
the descriptor set when disabled. Can we move msm_irq_set_type() to
arm/common/vic.c ?

Additionally
- the register map is different between msm's vic and the common one.
- the common one uses some PL190 registers, not sure what that is. The
VIC can operate in few different modes, perhaps it refers to vectored
mode as opposed to non vectored mode, msm uses the non vectored mode.
- vic_init2() seems like it is initializing a cascaded interrupt
controller. msm doesnt use cascaded vics.

I dont think msm can move to using the common vic.c.