[RFC 0/4] convert stmp into mxs and delete the obsolete platform

Wolfram Sang w.sang at pengutronix.de
Mon Apr 18 12:25:33 EDT 2011

Hi Vitaly,

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 4:30 AM, Wolfram Sang <w.sang at pengutronix.de> wrote:
> > I tried a smaller scaled cleanup before, but now that there are talks about ARM
> > consolidation everywhere, I'll be more brave :)
> >
> > What we have here is consolidation of two platforms. The older one, plat-stmp,
> > has never seen much love after the initial commit and has poor design as stated
> > in the patch descriptions. The recently added mach-mxs can be used for a
> > (friendly) takeover. Adding 130 lines there could save 9500+ lines in arch/arm!
>
> may we FIRST see how you are going to fit it into mach-mxc? NAK from
> me before I see that.

mach-mxs, not mach-mxc :) As said to Arnd, you can check the patches here

  http://git.pengutronix.de/?p=wsa/linux-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/remove_stmp

until they are moderated (or pull the branch). Looking forward to input from
you and you even seem to have boards.

> unstable and painful to work with lower end i.MXs, and is also being
> killed virtually -- by you guys.

STMP378x is not killed. STMP37xx is, but I have doubts the mainline linux
support ever worked. See my patch descriptions.

Regards,

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |