zaurus: mmcblk0: error -110

Cyril Hrubis metan at ucw.cz
Fri Apr 15 17:33:15 EDT 2011

Hi!

> >> That's interesting.  Would you mind trying to bisect?  (Knowing whether
> >> 2.6.38 final does it, for example, would be very helpful.)
> >
> > It may need one or two tries on 2.6.38 but it's there too.
> >
> >> There aren't many -EOPNOTSUPP returns in the stack.  I see:
> >>
> >> card/block.c: mmc_blk_issue_secdiscard_rq and mmc_blk_issue_discard_rq
> >> card/core.c: mmc_erase
> >> core/sd_ops.c: mmc_app_cmd
> >>
> >> Mind doing some instrumentation to figure out which it is?
> >
> > Fails in the mmc_app_cmd.
>
> Okay.  mmc_app_cmd() hasn't changed for years, so I'm afraid I don't
> have any strong leads for you -- further bisection (you're pretty
> sure this is a regression?) would be very useful.

Well, I was using some old kernel there and updated to the 2.6.38 recently so
only clue I do have is that it was working on like 2 years old kernel.

And bisection is quite complicated, as number of kernel images simply doesn't
boot there. :(

I will look on this next week (hopefully) thanks anyway for your help so far.

--
metan