[RFC] sanitizing crazy clock data files

Uwe Kleine-König u.kleine-koenig at pengutronix.de
Fri Apr 15 16:45:05 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 09:08:05PM +0200, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> The following tries to solve the chicken-egg problem we have with the
> common struct clk support and its users. It switches i.MX51 clock support
> to the new API. Included are some generic clock helpers for dividers and
> multiplexer. I first made them i.MX specific but after looking round in
> the other architectures I found them useful enough for other architectures
> aswell. If you could use the helpers but missing some bits please speak up.
>
> There is one thing missing in Jeremys series and this series does not fix
> it. Once I add the new (un)prepare calls to drivers they won't compile
> without common struct clk support anymore. Maybe a
>
> #ifndef CONFIG_USE_COMMON_STRUCT_CLK
> #define clk_prepare()
> #define clk_unprepare()
> #endif
>
> will do.
This already exists in the latest version and works since v14[1].

Best regards
Uwe

[1]
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.sh.devel/9755/focus=10241
has:

+static inline int clk_prepare(struct clk *clk) { return 0; }
+static inline void clk_unprepare(struct clk *clk) { }

in a !CONFIG_USE_COMMON_STRUCT_CLK cpp branch.