Fwd: Re: howto set some kernel pages to readonly?

Peter Wächtler pwaechtler at mac.com
Fri Apr 8 12:25:46 EDT 2011

Am Freitag, 8. April 2011, 00:04:07 schrieben Sie:

> We don't map kernel space using pages, but section mappings which have a
> granularity of 1MB.

>That makes it difficult to set read-only status on just small areas of
>memory because you'd have to ensure that the .rodata starts at a 1MB
>boundary, and the following data also starts at a 1MB boundary - which
>would be quite wasteful.

OK, then what do I have to do, to set a section of 1MB to readonly?
It's really meant as a guard - I have to find some memory corruption
potentially caused by a driver...

I use the slab cache to allocate - now - a 1 MB section - how to protect this
section as readonly?

--
   Peter