Robust futex on SMP

Mikael Pettersson mikpe at it.uu.se
Tue Sep 28 05:15:25 EDT 2010

Daniel Walker writes:

 > Is anyone working on implementing the robustness feature on SMP?
 >
 > I found your commit e589ed23dd27b890900eb7514f0a9e297d1e02b5 which
 > implements UP, so I thought you might be familiar with it (or someone
 > else on the list).

I think I've seen a couple of proposed patches flying by on the
linux-arm-kernel list, but I think they've all failed to handle
corner cases (like what if the user's futex is on a page that
has been swapped out or been made read-only?)

I'd implement it myself if I had decent SMP HW, but alas I don't.

/Mikael