Could it be a case of deadlock on SMP?

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Fri Sep 24 03:40:08 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 01:17:41PM +0800, Andrew Yan-Pai Chen wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 2:59 AM, Russell King - ARM Linux
> <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 02:46:57AM +0800, Andrew Yan-Pai Chen wrote:
> >> We try to verify our dual-core processor (non v7) by LTP tests.
> >
> > Is this a non-ARM SMP implementation then?
> >
> > If this is an ARM SMP implementation, then please provide the
> > CPU model, revision and variant information.
> >
> The CPU we use is still under developing.
> It is a ARM SMP implementation which uses v5te ISA by Faraday Tech.

So it's not the ARM SMP implementation if it's v5te ISA, as it won't
have the load/store exclusive operations necessary for performing
locking safely.

As the ARM SMP implementation works, and the code you're modifying is
common to all SMP implementations, I'd say you have a bug in the CPU
hardware or your implementation, rather than the kernel.