[GIT PULL] omap2 sparse fixes

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Thu Sep 23 18:58:52 EDT 2010

* G, Manjunath Kondaiah <manjugk at ti.com> [100922 01:48]:
> Hi Tony,
>
> Please pull omap2 sparse fixes from:
>
>   git://dev.omapzoom.org/pub/scm/manju/kernel-omap3-dev.git sparse_fixes
>
> Regards,
> Manjunath
>

> The following changes since commit 8b15575cae7a93a784c3005c42b069edd9ba64dd:
>   Sage Weil (1):
>         fs: {lock,unlock}_flocks() stubs to prepare for BKL removal
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://dev.omapzoom.org/pub/scm/manju/kernel-omap3-dev.git sparse_fixes
>
> G, Manjunath Kondaiah (10):
>       OMAP: mach-omap2: Fix incorrect assignment warnings
>       OMAP: mach-omap2: Fix static declaration warnings
>       OMAP: mach-omap2: Fix static function warnings
>       OMAP: mach-omap2: Fix miscellaneous sparse warnings
>       OMAP: plat-omap: Fix static function warnings
>       OMAP: NAND: Fix static declaration warning
>       TWL CORE: Fix sparse warning
>       TWL IRQ: Fix fucntion declaration warnings
>       OMAP2/3: Convert write/read functions to raw read/write
>       OMAP3: Keypad: Fix incorrect type initializer

Manjunath, this looks safe to pull, however one request though:
Can you please rebase it on v2.6.35 or v2.6.36-rc5?

Now your branch is on some commit after the -rc5 tag.
It's better to base branches at the most recent stable tag
(v2.6.35) or a recent -rc tag (v2.6.36-rc5).

Otherwise we end up moving our linux-omap tree forward too unless
I use git pull --rebase option.. I've updated the elinux.org wiki
instructions for that too, sorry if the earlier instructions there
were a bit unclear.

Thanks,

Tony