[RFC] mmaping with VIVT cache

Pawel Moll mail at pawelmoll.com
Mon Sep 20 06:38:44 EDT 2010

> However, in this case, architectures using VIPT aliasing caches will
> also trip over it - has anyone used this webcam on something like
> Sparc or powerpc?  I'm guessing that it'll fail there too...

It wasn't a webcam but USB audio card, not sparc nor powerpc but sh but
the I believe problem stays the same - vmalloc-ed buffer mapped into the
user-space...

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/55882/focus=7160

I've ended up with pgprot_noncached(), as there was no "alias-safe API"
available, and apparently it's still the case? ;-)

Cheers!

Paweł