memblock_is_region_reserved() issue

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Sep 2 09:41:51 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 01:58:47PM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Hi folks !
>
> You seem to use memblock_is_region_reserved() in a few places in the new
> code assuming (as I would) that it returns a boolean (0 reserved, !0 not
> reserved).

That's where having a comment describing such things would be useful,
so that it's easier to ensure that it's correct at creation/review time.

> However, the implementation looks totally wrong. I was wondering if you
> had noticed :-)

I guess not - I relied on others to test that code... no reports were
forthcoming of breakage.  Maybe the test cases didn't involve paths
through this code though.