No subject

Fri Oct 22 17:57:35 EDT 2010

`naked'
     Use this attribute on the ARM, AVR, IP2K and SPU ports to indicate
     that the specified function does not need prologue/epilogue
     sequences generated by the compiler.  It is up to the programmer
     to provide these sequences. The only statements that can be safely
     included in naked functions are `asm' statements that do not have
     operands.  All other statements, including declarations of local
     variables, `if' statements, and so forth, should be avoided.
     Naked functions should be used to implement the body of an
     assembly function, while allowing the compiler to construct the
     requisite function declaration for the assembler.

... but we don't have an asm statement with no operands and no
accompanying declarations in this case.  Logically the code ought to
work if the compiler doesn't spill anything to the stack, and explicit
register variables ought to avoid this provided we don't have too
many.

But I doubt whether this behaviour is well tested by the compiler guys.

Cheers
---Dave