iwmmxt signal frame handling

Nicolas Pitre nicolas.pitre at linaro.org
Fri Oct 15 14:38:15 EDT 2010

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> On Friday 15 October 2010 15:32:04 Eric Miao wrote:
> > > Acked-by: Eric Miao <eric.y.miao at gmail.com>
> > >

> > This also passes the internal iwmmxt test, Haojian please add your
> > Tested-by please.
>
> Can you also confirm that the previous behaviour is broken?
> If it is, the patch is probably a candidate for the stable trees.

Hard to confirm.  The only way not to have TIF_USING_IWMMXT set is to
use old pre-EABI binaries, which are relying on the kernel emulated FPA
instructions for floating point, and nothing in those days might have
cared about extensions to the ucontext layout at all, or even have used
iwmmxt.  While this is a correctness fix, in practice this never
mattered.

And we're talking about mixed ABI environments which existed many years
ago, like prior the Git era.  Hardly a stable tree candidate.

Nicolas