iwmmxt signal frame handling

Eric Miao eric.y.miao at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 11:19:07 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 9:40 PM, Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> wrote:
> On Friday 15 October 2010 15:32:04 Eric Miao wrote:
>> > Acked-by: Eric Miao <eric.y.miao at gmail.com>
>> >

>> This also passes the internal iwmmxt test, Haojian please add your
>> Tested-by please.
>
> Can you also confirm that the previous behaviour is broken?
> If it is, the patch is probably a candidate for the stable trees.

I don't believe the previous behavior is going to cause any serious issue. The
magic/size are only saved/restored only for those processes with
TIF_USING_IWMMXT
flag set. Yet this patch does seem to improve from security perspective by
zero-ing the buffer.

BTW: I didn't look too much into the code, but it seems to me that the aux can
just be zero-ed in a whole?