No subject

Sat Oct 9 07:11:57 EDT 2010

> Please have a look at "sparse", which will warn about address space
> violations among other things. The tidspbridge driver is full of them,
> and you should fix the code that sparse warns about, which will
> also show you all the places where ioremap is used incorrectly.

In one of my branches I moved ioremap() to arch/arm/mach-omap2/dsp.c
and if I use sparse there, it gives no warning.

I would prefer to map the memory some other way and make it
non-cacheable, but I don't know any other way. Then, if readl/writel
are still needed, only ioremap() that area. And finally, and
hopefully, do cache flushes instead of requiring consistent memory.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras