PXA270 linux-2.6.35.7 boot hang

Santhosh N san.mlists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 07:31:33 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am now able to boot the linux kernel 2.6.35.7 on our PXA board.

DEBUG_LL and early_printk were very useful in solving the problem. Had
to make a change in arch/arm/mach-pxa/include/mach/debug-macro.S for
the early_printk to work. In that, the FFUART address is hard-coded.
Also, during the boot process it was getting hung at calibrate_delay
function in init/main.c. Had enable to the OS timer clock to get
across that. After that, the kernel boot messages started appearing.
In 2.6.26, the boot messages were getting printed even before the call
to calibrate_delay function. All the 3 UARTS in PXA270 support upto
921k baud. I am using the Uboot(v2009.08) from www.denx.de.

Thanks everyone for all your valuable inputs.

But, the above was just a small step in solving a bigger problem I am
facing. Few weeks back I had mailed an issue regarding audio hang
problem. I was suggested by Marek to move to the latest kernel. I also
tried comparing the audio source code between 2.6.26 and 2.6.35.7. I
did not find much significant difference in the hardware interface
part except for the source code re-organization. But, there are a lot
of changes in the top layer audio source code. I tried digging much
deeper in understanding the DMA operation. I found a situation where
the DMA stops giving interrupts and is reflected in the DCSR register.
I am still not able to know, what is triggering that. I will try the
latest kernel and reply back on that thread.

Warm regards,
Santhosh N