PXA270 linux-2.6.35.7 boot hang

Santhosh N san.mlists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 06:33:25 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am porting the latest linux kernel 2.6.35.7 on our PXA270 board. The
kernel starts booting and stops at:
Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.

I can run the linux kernel 2.6.26 on the same board without any
issues. I am passing the boot args as:
bootargs=console=ttyS2,460800 rw root=1f02

The STUART is used as the debug serial port. I had to change the
uart_base to STUART in arch/arm/mach-pxa/include/mach/uncompress.h to
get  "Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.".

I have set also set CONFIG_SERIAL_PXA_CONSOLE=y.

Can anyone tell if I am missing something?

Warm regards,
Santhosh N