[GIT PULL] Samsung fixes for 2.6.37-rc4

Darius Augulis augulis.darius at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 10:49:07 EST 2010

Hi Ben, Kukjin,

could you please both find out who must 'handle' it?
Do you think it's normal to force people to ping you for the same four
lines patch for 4 months or more?
I think, it's at least not optimal and not good for kernel development process.

thanks,
Darius

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 2:23 AM, Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim at samsung.com> wrote:
> Darius Augulis wrote:
>>
>> Hi Kukjin,
>>
> Hi,
>
>> you have missed "serial: samsung: fix device name" again.
>> Please, don't forget to add it to your tree, better do it right now.
>> Perhaps it's fifth or sixth time when remind about that...
>>
> I remember, I've replied about that like following.
> Maybe you missed...
>
> ---
>> you have missed "serial: samsung: fix device name" which is hanging here
>> for a long time and was decided to merge in 2.6.37-rc1.
>> Please, pick it up.
>>
> Hmm...I thought it should be handled by Ben Dooks at that time.
>
> Anyway, as Ben said, I'm thinking it should be sent upstream when merge
> window
> even though have missed it in the last merge window.
>
> However, if Ben is ok to merge this during 37-rc, will merge it into
> s5p-fixes-
> for-linus for 37-rc.
> ---
>
> But I still thinking it should be handled by Ben Dooks...

handle what? You have Ben ack to merge it. I'm confused how 'optimal'
is development process when have to ping the same people for the same
four lines patch for 4 months. You both  Do you think I really have to
ask help for arm, serial or linux-stable maintainers to 'hadle' this?
Because I gave up believing it's possible to do by samsung
maintainers.