Zipit/uboot mmc driver issue

Phip phiporiphic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 05:45:16 EST 2010

2010/11/18 Marek Vasut <marek.vasut at gmail.com>

> On Thursday 18 November 2010 10:26:49 Phip wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am having difficulties with the Zipit mmc driver and my SDHC card. I
> > realize this may be an imposition; I write to you because I am trying to
> > determine if the problem is with the mmc driver or elsewhere. I was not
> > having any problems with SD card I/O under blob; this began when I
> flashed
> > to u-boot.
>
> Blob doesn't support SD/MMC at all. You mean linux kernel ?

Yes; My mistake.

> > dmesg comes to mounting root:
> >
> > pxa-rtc pxa-rtc: setting system clock to 2000-01-01 00:00:18 UTC
> > Waiting 2sec before mounting root device...
> > mmc0: host does not support reading read-only switch. assuming
> > write-enable. mmc0: new SDHC card at address 1234
> > PM: Adding info for mmc:mmc0:1234
> > mmcblk0: mmc0:1234 SA04G 2.68 GiB
>
> The card is mis-detected ?

This was a  typo -- it consistently reads 3.68 GiB.

> > Then a few cycles of write errors like these:
> >
> > mmcblk0: error -84 transferring data, sector 243, r 8, card status 0xe00
> > end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 243
> > Buffer I/O error on device mmcblk0p1, logical block 0
> > lost page write due to I/O error on mmcblk0p1
> >
> > And finally EXT3-fs detects a problem with the journal and remounts the
> > filesystem read-only.
> >
> > I do not mean to ask you to troubleshoot me, but it seems like you would
> be
> > the best person to ask about this particular combination of hardware and
> > software. Or perhaps there is a better place for me to ask?
>
> CCing linux-arm-kernel
> >
> > Thank you very much for your time
> > Phip
> >
> > - Zipit running u-boot 8/23/2010; 2.6.35 8/22/2010; both from mozzwald
> > - SD card is a Kensington 4GB microSD in a miniSD adapter; works
> flawlessly
> > on my desktop box.
>
> Maybe the adapter is faulty, try another one. It happened a lot before.

I'll look for another adapter to verify if there are no other leads to try.

Regards
Phip

"Auto F5 reload window" options Default timeout* Timeout for this page* Add
random value to timeout between 0 and* Show and hide menu Ignore everything
after these symbols in URL(separate with spaces)  Include the separators in
the URL saved Hide menu when clicking outside the menu Prolong timeout on
mouseclicks or keyboard input Reload all pages with default timeout, which
has no timeout set
*Format examples: hh:mm:ss, h:m:ss, m:sss, s etc. like 1:20:30 oder 500 oder
3:100