[Patch v3] Fix audmuxv2 debugfs indexing.

Bill Pringlemeir bpringle at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 15 11:10:31 EST 2010

On 15 Nov 2010, bpringle at sympatico.ca wrote:
On 15 Nov 2010, broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com wrote:
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:09:12AM -0500, Bill Pringlemeir wrote:

>>> -       for (i = 1; i < 8; i++) {
>>> +       for (i = 0; i < 6; i++) {
>>> snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf), "ssi%d", i);
>>> if (!debugfs_create_file(buf, 0444, audmux_debugfs_root,
>>> (void *)i, &audmux_debugfs_fops))

>> We appear to have misplaced a SSI port here...

> Hmm, that is right.  SSI6 was returning bogus data (inside the debugfs
> file "UNKNOWN" occured)...  Maybe it is just never setup right.  I
> will look.

I had thought the audmux_port_string() was correct and 'SSI6' was
looking at some 'bad memory'.

Sorry, I should have waited to email.  audmux_port_string() only
handles six values (not seven).  Also, the audmux.h only has six
defines for both MX31 and MX27.  There isn't an SSI7 that is being
reported by the debugfs.  However, a user of the audmux-v2.c code can
call mxc_audmux_v2_configure_port() with a port value of '6' to
configure audmux pin set 7 ;-)

The documentation we are working with isn't that helpful.  For the iMx
25 pg 13-4, it says there are "Three internal ports", but I can only
find two ssi devices (with two channels of audio each)...

fwiw,
Bill Pringlemeir.