Patch IMX audmux debugfs.

Bill Pringlemeir bpringle at sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 14 15:15:49 EST 2010

On 12 Nov 2010, broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com wrote:

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 08:17:06AM +0100, Sascha Hauer wrote:

>> Ok, looks sensible to me. I added Mark Brown to Cc as he added the
>> debugfs support in the first place. Maybe he has some comment to add.
>
> Not really, except that the numbers used correspond to the numbers used
> by the audmux APIs in the kernel IIRC.

I guess that was non-obvious as 'port 0' (corresponding to imx-ssi.0)
has no associated file in the current code.  I can re-submit a patch
with just this correction; add SSI0 and remove SSI6, SSI7 files.

However, as someone who is/was debugging an SOC audio system and
stumbled upon this debugfs entry, I don't think those numbers are
apparently obvious even with the fix.  I think both Sascha and I had
thought SSI1 corresponded to what should have been SSI0 (er, maybe I
lead Sascha that way).  I still think that having the 'port/channel'
name used in the file correspond to the the actual file names is
probably at least as debugfs user friendly.  The files names/content
are being viewed together so consistency seems in order.

Also, the kernel numbers *can* be referred to by macros and some users
might not even realize these numbers exist.  In any case, I would have
probably clued in if SSI0 had existed.  So I will fix that if we want
to remain with it?  The first patch submitted didn't do this.

Regards,
Bill Pringlemeir.