Booting CNS3420 EVB v 1.3 failed with 2.6.36 (and 2.6.35)

Anton Vorontsov cbouatmailru at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 05:14:33 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 03:12:25PM +0800, Lin Mac wrote:
> > So, you need to build the kernel with the following command:
> > make LOADADDR=0x200000 uImage
> > And boot with these commands:
> > setenv machid ad8
>
> Thanks for the useful suggestions. Now it booted.

Great!

> > setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,38400 ip=on
> Changing this doesn't take effect. I was trying console=ttyS0,115200
> and root=/dev/ram0, but it just boot with the configured parameter
> instead of the given one.
>
> Is it also the issue of u-boot?

Nope. Just remove CONFIG_CMDLINE from your kernel .config file. ;-)

> > tftp 100000 uImage
> > bootm 100000
>
> BTW, the default boot command includes root=/dev/mmcblk0p1, but
> CONFIG_MMC_SDHCI_CNS3XXX is not enabled.
> Even if it is enabled, I got a crash once mounted. It works fine
> without L1 cache enabled (CONFIG_CPU_ICACHE_DISABLE,
> CONFIG_CPU_DCACHE_DISABLE). So it seems there are some cache coherency
> issue on the SDHC device.

I recalling I observed something like this, and it was somehow
related to the memory setup. The old (Jan 20 2010) U-Boot that
I used was configuring RAM incorrectly, and caches were just
unveiling the problem.

But, I see that you use quite new build of the U-Boot (Sep 2010),
so I'm not sure if that's the same problem as I had. Can you try
booting with something simple, e.g. init=/bin/sh?

Thanks,

--
Anton Vorontsov
email: cbouatmailru at gmail.com