One quick quenstion about PXA sched_clock resolution?

rocky bill_carson at 126.com
Mon Nov 8 03:56:37 EST 2010

Hi

I'am working on an ARM linux porting project, which need to implement sched_clock of our own.
have a glance at PXA sched_clock timplementation, puzzled about the following notes.

/*
 * This is PXA's sched_clock implementation. This has a resolution
 * of at least 308 ns and a maximum value of 208 days.
 *
 * The return value is guaranteed to be monotonic in that range as
 * long as there is always less than 582 seconds between successive
 * calls to sched_clock() which should always be the case in practice.
 */

PXA series chips have system clock in 3250000/3249600/3686400 HZ.
I do the math like this:

####Where does 308 ns come from?

ns of one clcok cycle:
307.69     (10^9/3250000);
307.73     (10^9/3249600);
271.26     (10^9/3686400 )
this is the highest resolution mentioned in above notes;

####Where does 582 seconds come from?

660.76(0x80000000/3250000);
660.84(0x80000000/3249600);
582.54(0x80000000/3686400 );