cortex-m3 booting failure

RK Raggit rk.raggit at gmail.com
Mon May 10 02:48:05 EDT 2010

Hi Catalin,

> I can't really tell what's happening but I'm going to release a new set
> of patches against 2.6.33 sometime next week and there are some improved
> error messages for Cortex-M3 support.
>
> Do you have KALLSYMS enabled in the kernel?

Yes. Debugging a bit further i enabled the hard fault processor
exception catch in
RVD. On doing this i notice that when running commands (like 'ls' or
'date') on console
the processor hard faults. The HFSR shows "0x40000000" while BFSR
reads "0x04" indicating an imprecise data access fault. Other U/MMFSR are 0x0.

I am wondering why an imprecise data access fault could happen at this stage ?

--RK