cortex-m3 booting failure

RK Raggit rk.raggit at gmail.com
Thu May 6 12:20:07 EDT 2010

> I can't really tell what's happening but I'm going to release a new set
> of patches against 2.6.33 sometime next week and there are some improved
> error messages for Cortex-M3 support.

Great. That should help !

> Do you have KALLSYMS enabled in the kernel?

I will check (i am away from office right now)

> Have you tried with my variant of busybox from the above link?

Yes i did , with the same results .

> Are you using the uclinux-eabi variant of the toolchain? Do you specify
> -march=armv7-m and -mthumb options? If you link against the wrong C
> library, it will fail.

Yes i use that variant with those options. When i try "init=/bin/ls" or
"init=/bin/busybox" or "init=/bin/date" i can see correct output. Based on this
i feel the binaries are correctly built.

--RK