How to allocate a new machine type?

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Tue May 4 18:17:48 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
<linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 02:32:15PM -0700, Corbin Simpson wrote:
>> So, I noticed that there's a Pollux entry, POLLUX_WIZ (1950), in the
>> mach-types list already. Does anybody know if that covers all Pollux
>> devices, or just the Wiz? Also, what do I have to do to allocate a new
>> type?
>
> It's for "GamePark Holdings GP2X Wiz".  So it seems its only for the Wiz.
>
>   Machine name:     GamePark Holdings GP2X Wiz
>   Web site:         http://www.gp2xwiz.com/
>                     MagicEyes Pollux SoC.
>
> For information on machines, including registering new ones, etc, see
> the bottom of Documentation/arm/README in the kernel tree.

Russell,

Thank you for the quick reply. Type 2028 appears to be the Didj,
allocated by one of the OpenWiz guys. I will use that.

While the merge window is still open, is it kosher to send patches to
this list for upstream? I have a few patches that don't rely on the
arch-lf1000/arch-pollux code that I'd like to unload. I know that I'm
new to this part of the kernel, but I think I'm learning quickly.

~ C.

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? ~ Keynes

Corbin Simpson
<MostAwesomeDude at gmail.com>