How to allocate a new machine type?

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue May 4 17:53:28 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 02:32:15PM -0700, Corbin Simpson wrote:
> So, I noticed that there's a Pollux entry, POLLUX_WIZ (1950), in the
> mach-types list already. Does anybody know if that covers all Pollux
> devices, or just the Wiz? Also, what do I have to do to allocate a new
> type?

It's for "GamePark Holdings GP2X Wiz".  So it seems its only for the Wiz.

   Machine name:     GamePark Holdings GP2X Wiz
   Web site:         http://www.gp2xwiz.com/
                     MagicEyes Pollux SoC.

For information on machines, including registering new ones, etc, see
the bottom of Documentation/arm/README in the kernel tree.