No subject

Sun Jun 6 12:36:48 EDT 2010

AMD/Intel to allow the kvm code to work with a common IOMMU interface. To
that end, it isn't really a generic IOMMU interface. We have chosen to use
our own interface because it provides us with a lightweight way of
managing mappings for more esoteric MSM-specific use cases.

These map functions also take into account the way in which we map buffers
that we get from our own physical pool, because the current API was not
intended to deal with prioritized allocation of things like on/off-chip
memory. We are currently evaluating how to use the DMA API with our own
specialized allocator, which has been undergoing some discussion on the
other lists. We would like to use this allocator to maximize TLB
performance, as well as to prioritize the allocation from several
different memory pools.

Steve