Heads up: Linus plans to kill ARM defconfigs

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Mon Jun 7 03:41:48 EDT 2010

* Cory Maccarrone <darkstar6262 at gmail.com> [100604 18:05]:
> Tony Lindgren <tony <at> atomide.com> writes:
>
> All the new omap7xx boards I plan to submit in the future should be able to work
> fine in a single defconfig.  That's how I build now with my development tree.
> I'd be perfectly happy to see my htcherald_defconfig get wrapped into a more
> generic omap1_defconfig.

OK. Do you want to take a look at fixing the omap1 entry-macro.S in a similar
way to omap2 entry-macro.S so it works on 7xx too? See the ifdef MULTI_OMAP2
in entry-macro.S. 15xx is ARM925 based, so that's easy to detect. But for
detecting between ARM926 based 7xx and 16xx you would have to use some other
register.

> They might even be generic enough that I won't need separate board files for
> them -- I'll have to see when I get to that point.

OK

Regards,

Tony