Heads up: Linus plans to kill ARM defconfigs

Cory Maccarrone darkstar6262 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 10:59:55 EDT 2010

Tony Lindgren <tony <at> atomide.com> writes:

> Yeah, we should have just one omap1_defconfig. It should already
> mostly work already for 15xx + 16xx. To build in 7xx, the entry-macro.S
> needs to be done the same way as for mach-omap2.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tony

All the new omap7xx boards I plan to submit in the future should be able to work
fine in a single defconfig.  That's how I build now with my development tree.
I'd be perfectly happy to see my htcherald_defconfig get wrapped into a more
generic omap1_defconfig.

They might even be generic enough that I won't need separate board files for
them -- I'll have to see when I get to that point.

- Cory