[patch 0/2] ARM: Disable outer cache before kexec call

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Fri Jul 2 06:58:15 EDT 2010

* Thomas Gleixner <tglx at linutronix.de> [100701 19:54]:
> Catalin,
>
> On Thu, 1 Jul 2010, Catalin Marinas wrote:

> > > But it can disable the inner caches? That's weird.
> >
> > That's because the CP15 SCTLR register is a banked one, so independent
> > configuration for secure and normal worlds.
> >
> > The outer cache controller doesn't have banked registers and I'm not
> > even sure it has a notion of secure or non-secure cache line.
>
> Brilliant design.

FYI, on secure omaps disabling/enabling/configuring of L2 cache must
be done via SMI that runs some function in the secure software (PPA)..
The code is there in arch/arm/mach-omap2/sleep34xx.S, just search
for SMI or PPA.

Trying to set things via the ARM aux ctrl register will hang the system,
so we need to figure out some way to select the L2 enable/disable based
on if we're running in secure mode or not.

Regards,

Tony