Samsung: New driver for AC97 controllers

jassisinghbrar at gmail.com jassisinghbrar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 00:51:31 EST 2010

From: Jassi Brar <jassi.brar at samsung.com>

Hi,
 I am going to submit new driver for the AC97-ver-2.0 controllers found in
Samsung SoCs. The driver is named generic s3c-ac97.c
 The driver has been tested for on s3c64xx and newer SoCs and is confirmed
to support Playback/Capture and VRA.

 A machine driver, for SMDKs with wm9713 as AC97 codec attached, has also
been added. The driver is generic enough to be used as such with newer SoCs.

 The controller driver patch is meant for Mark Brown's for-2.6.34
 Other patches apply cleanly against the Ben Dooks' next-samsung

 The s3c-ac97.c is meant to replace s3c2443-ac97.c after someone confirms
Playback/Capture to work fine. My smdk2443 seems to not play any sound though
the DAI link is establised and the codec detected fine.
So, my opinion is that the new driver is atleast as good as the old one.
If that is good enough, I have patches ready that switch the only two users
of s3c2443-ac97.c(smdk2443 and ln2440sbc) to use this new driver.

Regards.