make PHYS_OFFSET determined at run time (unfinished)

Uwe Kleine-König u.kleine-koenig at pengutronix.de
Wed Jan 20 09:43:56 EST 2010

Hello Steve,

> > > Is there a clean way to pass kernel parameters and machine type from
> > > u-boot to zImage?  Last time I boot zImage in u-boot, some ugly hack was
> > > needed in ARM startup code.  Just wondering if there is a better way.
> >
> > u-boot should be doing the right thing, I thought uImage was simply a
> > zImage wrapped in the right uboot descriptors to tell uboot it was a
> > kernel and where to load it.
> >
> > Certianly uboots i've used can boto zImage just fine.
>
> I'm also able to boot zImage under u-boot.  However, I had to set r1
> manually, and I don't know how to pass kernel parameters (stuff passed
> into kernel uImage via bootargs) to zImage.  Any tips will be greatly
> appreciated.
Maybe this doesn't help you much, but barebox (aka. u-boot-v2) can boot
zImages just fine and passes the cmdline as with booting an uImage.

Best regards
Uwe

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Uwe Kleine-König            |
Industrial Linux Solutions                    | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |