make PHYS_OFFSET determined at run time (unfinished)

Uwe Kleine-König u.kleine-koenig at pengutronix.de
Tue Jan 19 03:38:03 EST 2010

Hello,

I'm looking into making PHYS_OFFSET determined at run time.  I saw a
patch for it that already made it a few times on the list[1].

I'm not yet done, but first want to announce that I look into that to
prevent duplicate work---so if you intended to do the same let's look
together---and to post some clean up patches that are the result up to
now of my digging in the boot code.

I will send now three patches in reply to this mail, and later hopefully
more.

Best regards
Uwe

[1] e.g. http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.arm.kernel/53793/

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Uwe Kleine-König            |
Industrial Linux Solutions                    | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |