Question: __ARM_EABI__

Mikael Pettersson mikpe at it.uu.se
Wed Jan 13 18:30:20 EST 2010

H Hartley Sweeten writes:
 > But, I'm actually getting the wrong message.
 >
 > Alessandro Rubini pointed out that I could use "-dM" in the preprocessor
 > to dump the defines.  My toolchain has these particular defines:
 >
 > #define __GNUC__ 4
 > #define __GNUC_MINOR__ 3
 > #define __ARM_EABI__ 1
 >
 > 4.3.2 might not support unwinding correctly but I still should not get
 > any of the warning messages.
 >
 > Confused...

Indeed, I dug out my old gcc-4.3 eabi cross-gcc and it produced no such
warnings, with or without CONFIG_ARM_UNWIND.

make ARCH=arm mrproper, reinstate your .config, make V=1 and show us
the complete command-line and messages for the compilation of unwind.c.

Do you have CONFIG_AEABI=y in your .config?