External initramfs again ... keep getting "overlaps in-use memory region"

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Feb 25 14:09:13 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 11:14:22AM -0500, Brian Hutchinson wrote:
> ... it looks like I'm getting the overlap message because my fixup
> routine has already setup memory and then my initrd comes along and
> reserve_bootmem_node tries to set the region to BOOTMEM_EXCLUSIVE.

Give us all the information:

- where exactly your memory is located and how large
- where you've tried putting your initrd image, and how large this is
- how large your uncompressed kernel is, and where it's located
- how large the compressed kernel is, and where you're loading it
- the kernel messages

Just describing what's going on without numbers doesn't give enough
clues to work out why you're having a problem.