Soft Lockup Debugging

Aric D. Blumer aric at sdgsystems.com
Thu Feb 25 10:20:17 EST 2010

I was wondering if someone could give me some pointers on how to debug
the soft lockup shown in the attachment.

System:  Kernel 2.6.29.6, PXA320, AR6002 wifi using the SDIO stack.

The lockup only occurs when the CPU_FREQ governor is set to powersave
(reducing CPU frequency from 806 MHz to 104 MHz) and the wifi interface
is sending traffic.  I suspect that the main schedule() function is
getting stuck on the runqueue spinlock.  If that's the case, how do I
figure out who is holding the lock?  If that's not the case, can anyone
enlighten me on what exactly is hanging from this trace?

Thanks.