large page support for IOP331

Prashant Bhole prashantsmailcenter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 04:38:38 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
<linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 02:30:30PM +0530, Prashant Bhole wrote:
>> Is there any support of large page for arm architecture?
>
> The short answer is no.
>
> The long answer is that to have 16K pages, it causes bigger problems
> with the 2nd level page tables, which from the hardware perspective
> are only 256 per L1 entry, but are required to be in unique pages.

But we have 64 bit memory subsystem for IOP331 and
IOP331 developer's manual:

http://download.intel.com/design/iio/manuals/27394202.pdf

Page number 452, Table 218 says that we can have 8K and 16K
pages. Please correct me if I am wrong

--
~p~r~a~s~h~a~n~t~