When to send patches?

Sascha linux-arm s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Wed Feb 10 04:47:22 EST 2010

Hi Alberto,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 12:40:17AM +0100, Alberto Panizzo wrote:
> Hi Sascha!
> I have a question: I have to push my work on mach-mx31_3ds machine
> but the entire work need some drivers that are present now in linux-next
> but not in mxc-master.. I have to wait the next merge window or I can push
> the complete mx31_3ds sequence to you adding (or referencing) the dependencies?

Experience showed that compile breakages even temporary are a pain. You
have two possibilities: Either ifdef the code which is causes the
breakage with #ifdef MXC_KEYPAD (or whatever the correct symbol is) so
that the ifdef automaticalle comes true when the driver is there or
just wait until the driver code is merged. So far Russell didn't
complain when the board code for new drivers is merged in -rc1 time. I
prefer the second solution. Just give me a ping when the drivers hit
mainline.

Regards,
  Sascha