Cavium Networks CNS21xx SoC Support

Damjan Marion dmarion at me.com
Mon Dec 6 12:29:19 EST 2010

Hi,

I would like to know if anybody considered so far adding support for Cavium Networks (ex Star Semiconductors) CNS21xx series SoCs. This SoC is based on FA526 core which is AFAIK supported in recent kernels and Cavium Networks is providing some patched old linux kernels (2.6.24).

http://www.caviumnetworks.com/ECONA_CNS2XXX.html

There are some cheap devices on the marked based on this SoCs and marketed as NAS servers but basically due to small footprint they can be used for many other purposes.

I'm willing to contribute and prepare some patches based on Cavium provided kernel, but before I start I would like to know from more experienced guys if this make a sense at all....

Thanks,

Damjan